Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Geez! It's nearly the end of February!

I did it again! Where does the time go? Here it is, nearly the end of February and I haven't posted anything in 2011. As much as I think about doing new things, I appear to have a problem getting ideas off of the ground. I find it much easier to talk through my thoughts, rather than posting them. However, this does limit my audience!

I promise to post more. I actually have an upcoming trip to Dubai, UAE in a few weeks and I'm really looking forward to it. This trip is centered around a regional security conference, that was originally scheduled for Cairo, Egypt. As luck has it, I booked my flight, hotel and itinerary, only to have the Egyptians decide to pick that week to revolt against their reigning President. So, the conference management decided to move it to Dubai. Seemingly a good idea, but now I'm curious as to whether the people will be revolting there by the time I land!  As we've seen on the news lately, the people are demanding to be heard. These are truly interesting times in the Middle East. It reminds me of the domino affect of the former Warsaw Pact countries falling from November 1989-1990. It's reassuring to know that many in that region deplore being ruled by callous dictators, at the same time, I am concerned about who will take their place. Time will tell and hopefully the local populations can sort this out without involving foreign influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment